Sunday, September 15, 2013

Plan of Action: WL in 1 Year

Can it be done?


Why yes, I believe it can!

Ok, so knowing that I cannot break 1/2 an inch a month in growth, how do I expect to get 1 inch a month each and every month (with an extra inch somewhere in between!) to get to waist length in exactly one year?

Well, let me tell you a little story of how I managed to get 2.5 inches in one month right after my big chop.  That's right, 2 and a 1/2 inches in one month, 24 days to be precise!

I kept really precise logs after cutting my hair in September and measured like a mad woman.  Every inch, every half an inch, every quarter of an inch MATTERED.

After my big chop, my hair was approximately 4.5 inches long (a little shorter in some areas, namely the middle, as it takes the longest to grow, which may explain why my hair grew in a W shape at the back as a relaxed head).  By October, I was at 5 inches and not doing anything much to my hair in terms of care, I was just kind of getting used to it.  So let's go over the figures:

September:  4.5 inches
October:  5 inches

Here's where things got interesting.  On October 22, 2012 my hair was 5 inches.  I got vigilant and started taking my supplements in a timely manner and caring for my hair on a more frequent basis.  I also popped into my favorite sites to find out what was hot in the streets, lol, because I like to keep abreast of the latest bandwagons just in case I felt like hitching a ride (lol!!).  So in late October, I put together a regimen and stuck to it for a month...and it paid off.

I went from 5 inches on 10/22 to 7.5 inches on 11/15.  That's 2.5 inches of growth in 1 month!!!!  I was  in utter disbelief.  I'd never even hit the 1 inch mark!  Yet there I was more than doubling it!  I tried to tell myself that it was just a growth spurt that's often spoken about (that I had yet to experience until that point).  Perhaps just a fluke.  Whatever it was, I loved it!  However, it took a lot.  A lot of supplements, a lot of dedication and a lot of time -- and as I've said in previous posts, I'm pretty lazy and lack dedication.  

But what this has shown me is that it IS possible.  And if I go back to do what I had been doing in that month, the length will come.  Waist length will come.  And it will come in 1 year (or less if that 2.5 inches was not just a fluke!).  With that said, let's run the numbers:

October 22nd:  5 inches
November 15th:  7.5 inches
Time elapsed:  24 days
Growth achieved:  2.5 inches.

Crazy!!!!!


By following that same regimen verbatim (minus a couple supplements that I no longer have in my stash and won't be repurchasing due to sheer laziness, I know..I know..), here's what I expect:

Expected Timeline:

1 inch per month (the safe bet)

September 2013:  10"
October 2013:  11"
November 2013:  12"
December 2013:  13"
January 2014:  14"
February:  15"
March:  16"
April:  17"
May:  18"
June:  19"
July:  20"
August:  21"
September 2014:  23"
(Note:  Notice the jump in the last month.  This 1 inch jump should happen in any month, as long as it happens because I need to hit 13 inches in those 12 months!)

2.5 inches per month (the wishing, hoping & praying bet!)


September 2013:  10"
October 2013:  12.5"
November 2013:  15"
December 2013:  17.5"
January 2014:  20"
February:  22.5"
March:  25"
April:  27.5"
May:  30"
June:  32.5"
Ok, ok...I gotta stop counting here because this seems crazzzzy.  Let's just say if this timeline works I'll hit waist length in way less than a year and I'd be dancing in the streets, lol!  


The blog is being put up publicly for accountability.  I'm contemplating checking in every month or every three months to update my stats and photos.  I think it would be best to do it monthly just so I can have a better flow of pictorials, but I'm also aware that by doing so I'm manipulating my hair more frequently which is a no-no in my 4c handbook :/  

I think I'll play it by ear and do what comes naturally.

If I find that I can't contain myself, I'll pop in monthly.  If I find that I'm becoming way more disciplined in my approach to hair, then 3 month check-ins it is!  Either way, I will check in.  This is my pledge.

See you at the finish line!!


No comments:

Post a Comment